Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Going Green

2015 Bowman. That is some crazy stuff right there. Especially the retail. Both myself and my best friend Andrew can attest to that claim.



Before I get too ahead of myself, welcome back to Fantastic Catch. Thank you for stopping by. I really do appreciate everybody who does stop by and gives me a read. I do not tell you guys and gals that enough. I truly do appreciate your support and readership.


Now back to the original insight behind this post, the wackiness of 2015 Bowman.


Walmart, the root of most retail baseball cards and root of many evils. Let me just first say, that any time you have cards on sale, you have my attention. And these boxes that were on sale were a steal. Normally $10 hanger boxes of 2015 Bowman were now $6 for a yippy and giddy me.



I do not like to admit this but there may have been about say 10-15 of these boxes laying around. And Andrew and I may have bought every single one. It was my cheat day. Just kidding.


Either way every last one of these boxes was a complete blast to open and you shall soon find out why. And it may have to do with the title as you might suspect.

2015-Bowman-Chrome-JORDAN-LUPLOW-AUTO-99-Green-Refractor-Pirates-Rookie-Card

BOOM!!!

2015 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor Jordan Luplow Auto 80/99

Ranked as the 26th best prospect in the Pirates system per MLB.com, Jordan has started out the year modestly. The 2014 3rd Round Pick has a .231 average with 8 RBI's and 7 Walks in 39 Plate Appearances. Not too shabby. A lot better than I could do. 

If anybody is interested, this card is for trade.

But that is not all.


2015-BOWMAN-CHROME-GREEN-REFRACTOR-AUTOGRAPH-ADRIAN-RONDON-72-99-HOT-PROSPECT

DOUBLE BOOM!!!

Another one. I was just beating every pack odds on these discounted hanger packs. 



2015 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor Adrian Rondon Autograph 71/99



Not going to lie, I did not know anything about this kid before I looked him up. Turns out he was the number one ranked prospect in all of the 2014 International Signing Class. I was pretty stoked after I read that. 



Not going to lie again either, but he sucked in his first season. In GCL ball last year, he batted .166. Granted he is only 17, (I wish I had gotten a 2.95 million signing bonus on my 16th birthday) Adrian has plenty of time to figure it out and become a top notch prospect. 


As of right now I think I am going to keep this card. We will see how impatient I get as I hold onto it.


But there you have it. Absolutely insane if you ask me. Both Andrew and I had a blast busting all of these and seeing what we got. I cannot wait for 2016 Bowman to come out.


And yes we did recycle the boxes, for those of you who were wondering.


Thanks so much for stopping by everybody and giving my blog a read. It means so much to me that you guys stick around and read. God Bless. Super Duper...out.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet pulls for an impulse, clearance purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my goodness, those pulls are incredible! Congrats!

    At least not you have more TTM fodder now. Some decent signers in '15 Bowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I've found those too at my evil WalMart too. Haven't gotten the same luck as you but nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://ayamsatebv.blogspot.com/2018/11/ayam-shamo-ayam-sabung-dari-jepang-yang.html/

    ReplyDelete