Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Group Break Update and Other Musings

The group break is all but over. It was a lot of fun, but it's still not over yet. I sent out the first wave of packages last week and hope to send out another wave this week. Although it has been slow and methodical, I decided to let the results of the group break be a surprise to you.

Yet there are still some that I don't have address and or haven't paid yet. Here's that list currently.

Matt McCurry (Reds)-Address
hiflew (Rockies)-Address and Payment
Ken Damon (Indians)-Address and Payment
Jeff Laws (White Sox)-Address

That is all. If you are one of the said people above, I'll gladly get your cards out to you once the above is fulfilled.


Ok now that's done. There were a few nice hit(s) from unclaimed teams in the group break as well and here are those.

Mr Homeless Man for the Blue Jays. Just kidding, but he's actually a highly touted prospect for the Blue Jays and should do well in the MLB this year. 

I plan on selling this, but if one of those Blue Jays collectors makes an offer I can't refuse then I'll move it.

The rest I will leave as a surprise for those who were involved with the break.


And for the musings. So my favorite time of the year is about to begin and I can't contain my excitement. This will most likely be pretty disappointing for all of you, but the MLS soccer season has finally begun. This past weekend all 20 teams played, and I had a ball watching all of them show off their new kits and new players.

The league is really starting to turn around with bringing back big name US players to play in their prime or their careers. Names like Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Mix Diskerud, Micheal Bradley, and the list keeps going on and on. 

My Chicago Fire still suck though. They got clobbered by the reigning  champions LA Galaxy 2-0. We'll see if the "big name players" they brought in over the offseason actually turn the team around from their dismal previous season.

All I can say is that it will be a very exciting 20th season for MLS. 

Well I know it has been a long time, and this doesn't seem like much of a post, but I hope it revitalizes my spirit for blogging once again. I hope everybody has a great week and God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the group break, cant wait to see what Angels were in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just emailed you my address, so you should have it now. Thanks for the break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my package in yesterday, thanks for the fun break!

    If a Jays fan doesn't want the Norris, I'm interested. Let me know what you'd want for it.

    ReplyDelete