Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

We Are (Practically) Half Way There!

It's a crazy thing to think back on, but it feels like the baseball season just got under way. And now approaching the All-Star Game I am stopping and going wow what just happened here.

Well, since the beginning of the season and now, Yasiel Puig was brought up to the majors, Homer Bailey threw our only no-hitter this year so far, the Cardinals are rocking it, and we also figured out that I suck at fantasy baseball.

Time tells us many unbelievable things like last year's Cy Young Award Winner R.A. Dickey was a fluke performance. Time also tells us that Topps recycles way too many photos for all their products and their promotions are really bad as well, but knowing me I still participate in them because I have nothing better to do with these dumb codes lying around except waste my time entering them and viewing some other stupid promotion Topps is doing.

Based on what's happened through this first half of the 2013 MLB season who do you think deserve the respective awards? Here's who I think pans out to be the winners for each award.

NL MVP: Carlos Gonzalez

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera

NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw

AL Cy Young: Max Scherzer
 
NL ROY: Matt Harvey

AL ROY: Manny Machado

And for the heck of it I'll also have my say in who I think is in the World Series.

World Series: Marlins vs Astros

:)

Here's for real.

World Series: Cardinals vs Red Sox

Cardinals Win!!!!

Were you surprised? I didn't think so, but this may very well occur.

There you have it folks. There are my predictions for the end of the season award winners. Do you think any differently? If so, speak your mind. I'd love to hear from you. Until next time, have a great time blogging! :)

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, Manny is not eligible for ROY. He played in too many games last year or had too many plate appearances, whatever. Disappointing, for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe Matt Harvey is eligible either. A pitcher is considered no longer a rookie if he's pitched 50+ innings in a previous season. And Harvey pitched 59.1 innings last year. And for reference Machado had 191 AB's last year and to maintain rookie status he would have to have had fewer than 130.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I kind of butchered those two then didn't I.

      Delete
  3. I really don't think the Cardinals will win the world series but I guess you never know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Lincecum threw a no-hitter last night.

    ReplyDelete