Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What A Day!

Sorry about the extended absence from my blog everybody. I was on vacation in Fort Wayne, IN. And if you know anything about Minor League baseball you'll know what this post is about. In other words, I went to watch the Quad City River Bandits play the Fort Wayne Tincaps.

If you have been a follower of my blog for awhile you know by now that I love obtaining autographs of professional athletes. And that is exactly what I did Wednesday night.

Upon arriving at the ballpark, I noticed that there was no one here. Thinking back on it now, Wednesday evening + A level ball = Not many people.

Before doing anything we found our seats. 2 rows behind home plate for $10. Insane I know.

Next on my mind was autographs. So I went to the top of the tunnel that all the players enter the dugout from. After a little bit of searching, I found Dane Phillips (the catcher in the photo) just doing his stretches with no one in sight trying to get his autograph. Being myself I just watched him for a little bit and then asked for his autograph and he signed for me.

Next, I found Walker Weickel walking out of the tunnel and before he got to the dugout I was able to get him to sign my card I had of him.

All of sudden the River Bandits players starting coming out which meant high round draft picks. Upon their arrival, I was able to venture over to their dugout and get Rio Ruiz their third baseman on my ticket stub. Unfortunately, I didn't have a card of him.

Next on my list was the game. The game was quite impressive. Lance McCullers the River Bandits starter was throwing 95+. Now that is eye opening for being in A ball. With his effort on the mound and some help from his offense Lance McCuller's River Bandits prevailed as the victors 4-3 over the Tincaps.

And to put you all out of your misery, I will finally show you the autos that I was able to nab at the game.



Oh, and I forgot to show off this bad boy.



Yep, Carlos Correa. 1 overall draft pick in 2012 MLB Amateur Draft.

Well, there you have it, my super duper awesome day has come to a close. And the only guy that eluded me was this guy.



I knew he'd be a tough one so I wasn't to disappointed.

And I think a Padres fan out there might be happy with what I got him as well.



Well, everybody have a wonderful time blogging! :) Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Love minor league and independent baseball for autographs! and cheap games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. about ten years ago I went to a Tigers game at the relatively new Comerica Park. It was in September and the Tigers were in a losing season. We bought the $5 outer nose-bleed bleacher seats but walked down behind the infield like we owned the place and sat 7 rows up, directly behind home plate. Nobody said anything to us.

    It was amazing. I could call my own balls and strikes. It was the way the game is meant to be viewed, if you ask me. I will never understand why I can't watch a game on TV with that type of camera angle.

    It ruined me for going to a live game. I only want to sit behind home plate.

    Your post is another tick on my list of motivations to just go to some minor league games and get that seat I want. Looking forward to it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sigs! I'm not an autograph collector myself, but I love going to minor league games... they've definitely spoiled me when it comes to being close to the field.

    Just wanted to let you know that I've just posted faux Heritage cards of Edward Mujica and Matt Carpenter... Sorry for the delay, I had a lot going on card-wise and time slipped on by.

    Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and in my rush I forgot the URL:
    http://shlabotnikreport.wordpress.com/2013/07/27/shoulda-been-heritage-s-5-6-a-very-belated-edward-mujica-and-matt-carpenter/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe I missed this post! Sounds like a great trip, congrats on the sigs. And yes, this Padre fan LOVED those cards! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete